Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fondant Miniature Figurines Workshop

Saturday Afternoon, 5 Jun 10




I attended Cake Making till Level 4 at Bishan East CC 12 yrs ago in 1988 where I learnt to bake various type of cake, creaming & piping. Was introduced to the beautiful creations of fondant when I 1st viewed them on Shira's blog in Apr 10. After seeing more food bloggers on their cake decorations with fondant, I'm eager to learn more abt this sugarpaste. Hence I registered on-line at Kitchen Capers for the 3-hr workshop on Miniature Figurines moulding conducted by Chef Gina at her residence in Hougang.

After the Women Eco Training in Jurong West, I proceeded to Hougang Ave 7 & reached Gina's place abt 2.30pm. The other 3 ladies were already there. My 1st attempt with fondant decoration. A lady, busygran showed me photos of her beautiful fondant cakes & roses, wa.. she is already so good yet she's attending the class.

All of us enjoyed the session very much. Gina gave clear explanation when she did the demonstration. I crafted a bear, bowl, sheep, penguin, goldfish, sleeping baby under a blanket & 2 roses. Times passed very fast & we had already extended by half an hour. The 3 ladies rushed off & Gina showed me how to craft footwear.

Gina is friendly & chatty, feel some familiarity after reading her blog. Realised that we both grew up in Kim Chuan. Her family shifted to Kallang Bahru, now she lives in Hougang. Her store is in Kallang Bahru near her mum's place. I had shifted to Sim's Drive, then Bishan & now I am in the west (old friends said my place is further than going to JB when they visited me).

I had arranged to walk over to an ex-resident's place in the next blk after class but her family was very excited to attend the BBQ at my estate that I was surprised to see her & her 4 kids at Gina's front gate. I had to pack & said bye-bye to Gina, thanks for your generosity in sharing your moulding skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment