Sunday, July 4, 2010

Nite Tour & Durian Feast

26 - 27 Jun 2010


Members were asking whether I'm interested to join them to the Jurong Fishery Port at 2am to buy fresh sea-catch, I thought why not bring a busload of residents there instead. Hence this local Nite Tour incorporated the annual Durian Tour that we had during the hot durian season. I had to fax the indemnity form & email the visitors details to AVA at least a week b4 the trip.

We gathered at the estate's roundabout at 10pm & set off excitedly. Our 1st stop was Sim's Ave Lor 17 for the XO durians. I bought 4 big Taiwan Honey Mango & a bunch of small banana too.  Then we proceed to Mustafa for an hour of late night shopping. A bit of a rush with so many levels there, nevertheless I grabbed a Polo suitcase & a Scholl scandal. 

Next we stopped over at Lau Pa Sat for a late supper. Finally we reached the Jurong Fishery Port at 3am. I submitted the original forms at the security post with my NRIC for a visitor pass for the group to enter.

The place was bustling with trucks & boxes being towed in from the fishing vessels. The floor are very wet. Displayed in baskets, boxes & on the floor are wide variety of fresh fishes, prawn, sotong... Initially I intend to buy tenggiri & sting ray but they dun clean or cut for you there. The fresh prawns are a good buy but I dun eat prawn. After walking around, I end up buying my fave crab instead.

Crab is recommended buy at the fishery as they were very fresh & sweet when I cooked them the next day. We were back at 4.30am to catch up on our beauty sleep.  It's indeed an interesting & educational trip for all! .

No comments:

Post a Comment