Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cool Dessert for a Hot Day

Wednesday, 12 May 10

The weather is unbearingly hot these days & we, homemaker still have to do the endless household chores. I would be perspiring with just sweeping the floor & worst of all is when I'm ironing, the sweat would be dripping down my body. Local stores should pro-actively GO-GREEN & start charging for the too many plastic bags to reduce the worsening global warming effect.

Meimei always ordered Ice Jelly with Fruit Cocktail when we ate 4x at the newly-opened Kopitiam so I bought a packet of ice jelly powder & home-cooked the Ice Jelly. With lots of mangoes (leftover from mango mousse cake & bought some more when I saw them big & nice @ NTUC last Sat) & a box of mango yogurt drink, I cubed 2 big mango & some ice jelly, mixed them together with some ice to get this cool & refreshing Mango Yoghurt Dessert. The children & I love Mango & we finished up as soon as it was served.

Verdict - With the sweet mango & a bit sourish yoghurt, gege commented that the ice jelly is a bit too bland, suggested to use mango jelly to bland in the all the mango taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment