Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Kitchen Gadgets

Saturday, 8 May 2010

B4 I start on my food posting, let me present u the working tools in my 10-year old kitchen. Yes, better tools maketh lighter tasks. Ladies buy when we like a product's lood but dear hubby would inspect closely at the quality, design, sturdiness, easy maintainence ... He loved collecting higher-end household gadets, I should be maximising their usage.

B4 shifting-in our current home in Dec 99, we changed the new gas stove to Brandt 4-zone Induction Hob. I would highly recommended it for all homes as it's very easy to use with auto-off timer. I love its even heat that cook extremly fast thus saving precious time & energy. It's grimeless & the flat top can be used for preparation. No flame, hence it's super-safe for kids to cook. Well, it only works on stainless steel cookware with electro-magnetic base so I had given away all Corningware.


Our built-in Ariston Ice Multi-Function Oven has precise temperature setting. It can take 5 trays of cookies. I bake birthday cake for family members & festive cookies. Have yet to try the pastry & double-grill functions, any receipe?


Another decade-old appliance is the Sanyo stainless steel Super-showder-wave cum Convention Oven which is used solely to heat-up food by family members. At times, need to open & close the door a few times to start.


The KitchenAid Professional with 2 stainless steel bowls is a powerful mixer/creamer/dough beater. We got the whole pack of attachment which I've yet learn to use, Mayer cooking class only demo mixer & oven. Blender is in the store-room, it's motor was overheated after grinding nuts.


Our ancient Kenwood Food Processor with attached blender & grinder is used only when I need to slice lots of vegetables. Hubby got a spare set of 4 grinder / storage glass containers (probably thought I would grind lots of spices) but don't know where they are kept now.


I still like my 1st set of Philps simple Blender & Grinder. The plastic containers are light, easy to use & wash. Occasionally I use the grinder only for spices when cooking kangkong or chilli crab.



My Philips Ice-cream Maker is somewhere in the store-room. This is the extra chilling bowl that we bought. The bowl has to be placed in the freezer for days till it's frozen hard b4 it can be used to churn ice-cream. Had tried once or twice only when new but the ice-cream didn't turn out good then, Philips doesn't conduct lesson.


Last acquisition bought at Philips Carnival few years ago is the powerful Juice Extractor where you can drop in a whole uncut green apples. Rarely use as it's troublesome to dismantle, wash & assemble back again unless I'm clearing my celery or green apples.


When all the children are not home for lunch on weekdays, at times I will just simlply make myself a toasted sandwich with the Cornell Sandwich Maker.

Our bread making machine (can't remember what brand) bought 10 yrs ago is in the storeroom too. We were buying large pack of bread floor to make white bread daily for a short period till at times the bread didn't turn out well.

Finally I'm done with this post, took a long time to edit, upload, re-size & re-align these photos to fit the text.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! :) Keep up the blogging to share your reciepes and kind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thanks for the 1st comment & encouragement. It's rather tedious & time consuming exploring to use the bog initially.

    ReplyDelete