Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers' Day Celebration

Monday, 10 May 10

Dear hubby had to work overtime yesterday so my family celebrates Belated Mothers' Day today. We had steamboat for dinner which the children enjoyed. I pressure-cooked soya bean for the soup base, throw in fish ball, crabmeat ball, fuzhou fishball, dumpling... I have learnt not to over-prepare & yummy, we finished up everything today.

I home-made Roast Pork with KWF 'Pure Enjoyment!' recipe, replacing garlic salt (don't have) with fine salt. I marinated a fat piece of blanched pork belly with 3 tsp salt & 1.5 tsp five spice powder then left it uncovered in the fridge for few days. Today I baked it for abt 30 mins @ 220 -230 C. It turns up nice & crispy except a bit too salty.


I made a big Mango Mousse Cake too, baked a 10" round sponge cake with Optima Sponge Cake Mix yesterday. For the creaming today, I sliced the cake into 2, placed it into the newly bought 11" round cake ring & followed Florence `Do What I like' recipe. Her cake size was not stated, the mousse was insufficent to cover completely the side of my big cake. I topped with cubed mango.

My lovely darlings each bought me their own presents. Jiejie is in choir, she give me the musical DVD `Grease 2'. Gege was in Lot 1 for 2 hrs looking for presents within his & Didi's budget, finally he had the hook massager & handphone holder gift-wrapped. Told Meimei that I will bake the cake (she bought me a small figurine cake for past yrs), she got me the flowers & a strawberry mousse.






So sweet of them!! My wish is that they're able to love, care & concern for each other FOREVER...

No comments:

Post a Comment